Committed to Environmental Stewardship
Ways We Conserve
Never has there been a greater corporate focus on protecting the environment while fostering economic growth. The good news is, many technologies and services have emerged that enable companies to do both.
At QuantumDigital, we choose the most environmentally sustainable products for our direct marketing services. We start by using Xerox iGen4™ and iGen5™ digital presses for all our printing. In addition to superior output, the Xerox iGen4™ and iGen5™ offers the following benefits:
- 97% of its components are recyclable or re-manufacturable
- More than 80%, by weight, of the waste generated can be returned, reused or recycled
- Dry inks used by digital presses are non-toxic and have closed containers with a transfer efficiency rate of nearly 100%
Additionally, we have tools and processes in place that help reduce waste while increasing marketing efficiency.
- Clean Mailing Lists: Every 30 days we review our mailing lists for duplicates, CASS certify addresses and run through the NCOA process to identify any change of addresses. We automatically do the same for our customers’ lists. This method of list cleansing helps us eliminate the printing of undeliverable mail pieces.
- Targeted Marketing: We encourage our customers to narrow down mailing lists to only include recipients most likely to respond. Tools like MapMail® allow our customers to identify target audience based on a number of demographics such as age, income, property type and more.
- Maintaining Do-Not-Mail Lists: We reduce delivery of unwanted mail by allowing our customers to manage do-not-mail lists at an individual or corporate level.
Why On-demand Digital Printing?
Compared to offset printing, on-demand digital printing uses far less paper and chemicals because you print only what you need, when you need it. So there’s no storage required and no outdated materials to dispose of, so fewer trees are sacrificed in the process.
Sustainable Forests, High-quality Paper
We rely on paper supplies from Verso, North America's largest producer of coated papers. Verso offers a wide range of versatile, high-quality papers that meet diverse needs. Verso follows the standards set forth by multiple third-parties to ensure raw materials are obtained from sustainable forests and that delicate habitats remain untouched. Verso maintains multiple third-party certifications (Forest Stewardship Council®, Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification™ and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®) to provide assurance that Verso products are manufactured from fiber that has been legally harvested and procured from well-managed forests in North America.
QuantumDigital is proud to have Verso as a supplier for their product quality, commitment to the environment and their desire to preserve precious natural resources.
In addition to our printing processes and paper supplies, we also practice good environmental stewardship by recycling all our paper products internally and have a program for recycling batteries and electronic equipment.